Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 NWTF Grand Nationals Call making Competition Scratch Box Turkey Call Entry



Here's the picture of my 3rd Place call in the 2012 NWTF Grand Nationals. This call was entered into the decorative scratch box division. The call was made of Birds eye maple, ebony and buckeye burl from Wood Dynamics. The gobblers on the front are the size of a quarter. The back of the call has a gobblers head burned into it. This call had my signature magnetic striker system also. I entered this call in the Minnesota State competition before it was burned for the Grand National competition. Funny it didn't even place in Minnesota and takes a 3rd in Nashville? The sound was about a 7 out of 10 to my ears I felt the looks were good so I burned images close to the Midwest Open 2nd place call. It was sharp and brought in over $150. on the silent auction! pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 3rd place medal...awesome job. "Bayou Bill"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill,
    I'm working on your Pot call this week. The copper is sonding sweet in the padauk and the yellow heart. I will be sure to customize it for ya to.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete